スキルズJ wk18 添削
A young sailor walked into a bar and saw a pirate drinking alone. He had a peg leg and a hook for a hand, and wore an eyepatch over his left eye. The sailor became very curious and asked the pirate, “How did you lose your leg?” The pirate responded, “Oh, this? Once, I was caught in a big storm and my ship capsized. Then, a shark attacked me. I killed it, but lost my leg in the process.” “Wow! How about your hand? Why do you wear the hook?” “I got shot in battle and had to cut it off.” “That’s some story! Can I ask one more thing? Why are you wearing an eyepatch?” The pirate answered hesitantly, “Oh, this is... Umm, I just got some dust in my eye.” The sailor was surprised and asked, “Did you lose your sight just because of that?” The pirate replied, “No, I mean, it was my first day wearing the hook...”
※sailor(船乗り) pirate(海賊) peg leg(義足) hook(フック・金属を曲げて作ったもの) eyepatch(眼帯) curious(気になる・好奇心旺盛な) capsize(転覆する) attack(襲う) in the process(その過程で) get shot(撃たれる) battle(戦い) cut off(切断する) some(たいした) hesitantly(ためらいがちに) lose sight(失明する)
1. What did the pirate look like?
2. What happened to the pirate’s ship?
3. What animal attacked the pirate?
4. What happened to the pirate’s leg?
5. What happened to the pirate’s hand?
6. What did he get in his left eye?
7. Did the dust make the pirate blind?
8. What probably happened when the pirate got dust in his eye?